The York Circle @ Home Lecture Series
Now Online – York Circle: A Gathering of Minds
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we’ve temporarily moved this lecture series to an online format. We look forward to hosting you on Zoom, and welcoming you back on campus for in-person sessions once we’re able to do so.
The York Circle @ Home Lecture Series is a virtual gathering that showcases the latest and most exciting research from York's leading professors. These free presentations are offered four times each year to York Alumni and friends and neighbours of the University.
Membership is free, but space is limited at each presentation to registered members and their guests who have RSVP’d in advance.
- Upcoming York Circle @ Home sessions:
We'll be announcing details of the next lecture series shortly.
Ideas for Life, Living and the World Around Us
Since 2009, York Circle has showcased the ideas and research being generated by York University’s community. Topics come from every faculty and have included discussions around gender issues, brain function, mental health, international aid, sports injuries, financial policy and many more evolving subjects. Learn more about our past lectures and the distinguished speakers who presented them, and then sign up to hear about our upcoming presentations.
Join The York Circle
Membership is free! Once you’ve joined, we’ll invite you to each event where you can:
- network in a relaxed environment
- learn about current research on key topics from York’s professors
- meet like-minded people who love to learn
Please note: Current students and faculty of York are not eligible to join The York Circle but can attend as a guest of a registered member.
For more information on The York Circle, call us at (416) 650-8159 or email us at email@example.com.
** PLEASE NOTE THIS WILL BE AN ONLINE WEBINAR **
Learn how to create great first impressions and what to expect the first few days on the job, how to increase your chances of workplace success, how to communicate assertively and handle difficult situations effectively.
Today's topic is Career Supports & COVID-19!
Do you have questions on the available career resources during COVID-19? Join one of our in-house career professionals virtually in a group setting to answer your queries to find the right remote York supports, services, and resources to help you with your career journey during these unprecedented times.
Join us in the Career Corner: Ask the Pros on Zoom:
Meeting password: Access the meeting id and password from the Career Centre's welcome page or your student/newgrad dashboard on Experience York
No registration required. Career Corner gives you an opportunity to connect with Career Professionals virtually. Chat with our in-house experts in a group setting to answer your general career questions or find the right services and resources to help you with your career journey.
Zoom Meeting Etiquette
When using Zoom, to ensure everyone’s privacy, security, and a great experience, we are asking all meeting participants to adhere to the following:
- No participant should record, photograph, or screenshot the zoom meetings.
- Find a quiet space, free from distractions and present yourself in a professional manner. Be patient and listen to instructions from the host. If you didn't get a chance to interact, please join the next available session.
- You may turn off your camera for privacy reasons.
- This service is exclusive to York University's current students and new graduates and the link should not be shared for any other purposes.
- Upon entering the meeting, be sure to mute your microphone. Our goal is to interact with each of you, so we will welcome and instruct you when it is time to unmute your microphone in order to avoid any interruptions or unexpected external noises.