A Credit Card Designed Exclusively for York Alumni and Friends
Choose the MBNA MasterCard® credit card to fit your lifestyle and earn rewards points to redeem the way you want.
- No annual fee
- 1 point‡ for every $1 in eligible purchases
- 2 points‡ for every $1 spent on eligible gas, groceries and restaurant purchases ($5,000 annual cap on each category)
- Receive 2,500 bonus points†† after your first eligible purchase within the first 90 days of account opening
- Receive 2,500 bonus points†† once enrolled for e-statements within the first 90 days of account opening
- Redeem points‡ for travel, brand-name merchandise, gift cards from participating retailers, cash back, and charitable donations
- A suite of comprehensive insurance**
- Standard Annual Interest Rates of 19.99 per cent on eligible purchases, 22.99 per cent on balance transfersµ and access cheques, and 24.99 per cent on cash advances
®/MBNA and other trademarks are the property of The Toronto-Dominion Bank.
†Promotional AIR offers remain subject to: (i) your MBNA credit card account being in good standing during the promotional period, and (ii) your financial status not having changed since the date we initially determined that your account was eligible for a promotional AIR. The promotional AIR will increase at the end of the promotional AIR period or if you are late making any minimum payment, and any remaining balances will become subject to the applicable standard AIR.
✪ Balance transfers and access cheques must be repaid and otherwise dealt with according to the terms of your Account Agreement and are subject to credit availability. Balance transfers and access cheques cannot be used for repayment of any account established or maintained by MBNA or its affiliates. A transaction fee may apply. See your Account Agreement for full details.
‡ These are highlights of the credit card rewards program (the “Program”) associated with this credit card account. Points will be awarded on eligible transactions charged to your account as set out in the Program terms and conditions. Complete terms and conditions describing Program eligibility, accrual and redemption of points, and other important conditions, limitations and restrictions will be sent after your account is opened. Please read the terms and conditions carefully upon receipt.
†† To qualify for this offer, an applicant must be approved for the specific credit card account described in the offer. The account must be used for at least one eligible transaction that is not subsequently rescinded, the subject of a charge back request or otherwise disputed. Please allow 8–10 weeks from the transaction date for bonus points to be posted to your points account. Limit one-time bonus point offer (no cash value) per new account. This promotion is offered by MBNA and may be amended or cancelled at any time without notice.
** Underwritten by Allianz Global Risks US Insurance Company (Canadian Branch). Details of insurance benefits, including terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions, are in the Certificate of Insurance provided with your card
*Provided by our administrator under a service agreement with The Toronto-Dominion Bank.
Don’t Forget Your CardRemember to bring your York Alumni Card and/or your current York University ID with you whenever you are using a York Alumni & Friends benefit. Some partners will want it to confirm your eligibility for the discount offered. Unless otherwise stated, most benefits are for York U alumni, students, faculty and retirees only.