Student to Alumni GRADitude Program
The York University Alumni Board (YUAB) invites final year students who contribute to the life and purposes of the University to apply to be a part of an exclusive student to alumni program.
The GRADitude Program will connect you with York University alumni from all backgrounds and walks of life.
Upcoming GRADitude Program Events
|October 27, 2017: Hack-A-Thon
Partnering with York U Mastercard, students are invited to work in teams to crack a case for a chance to win a scholarship
|November 13, 2017: Fireside chats with alumni
Students will have an
|February 19, 2018: Exclusive conference
Over reading week, students have the
|March 5, 2018: Fireside chat with alumni
Winter session featuring different alumni
|April 2018: Semi-formal celebration
Hosted by our office and the YUAB,
|August 2018: Organized group volunteering
New alumni return to campus to give back to their alma mater
|September 2018: Get real workshop
Alumni are now off into the “real world” and we provide them with the tools they need to feel confident in their careers
Previous GRADitude Events
April 25, 2017: GRADitude Conference – Students in the GRADitude Program attended a workshop on campus, facilitated by Alumnus, Tim Cork. Cork is a publish author who brought to life the topic of networking and how to net-give.
April 27, 2017: Semi-Formal Celebration – Following exams, these soon-to-be-alumni attended an event hosted by our office at the Rosehill, Downtown. Guests were able to network with alumni, learn about the perks of being a York U Alumni and celebrate their achievements!
August 21, 2017: Summer Volunteer Program – Alumni from the 2016-2017 GRADitude Program came together to volunteer on campus. The Science Engagement Solar Fair brought community members from around York Region to witness the spectacular view. This fun filled event brought GRADitude members together for a great cause.
- “GRADitude serves as an outlet to recognize the incredible talent and achievements of York students and alumni. Through socials, networking and campus-wide events, the initiative provides its students and alumni with ample opportunity to be involved members of the York community. GRADitude has allowed me to stay connected with the university and its members as well as to give back to the place that has become my second home. I’m extremely proud and honoured to be a member”
—Crystal H. (BSc '17)
- “My experience with the GRADitude program was great. The GRADitude program provides excellent resources with connecting graduating students to York Alumni for various networking events. I had the pleasure of attending the Downtown semi-formal event and had the opportunity to network with professionals from various industries”.
—Gaurav S. (BA '17)
- "Being a part of the GRADitude program was a very rewarding experience. Not only was the program fun but I got the opportunity to network with many students leaders and alumni and learn from their experiences. Very inspiring!"
— Nika A. (future BHRM grad)
Don't miss out! Join the GRADitude program today.
Apply to join the GRADitude program If you are:
- an executive on a student club
- are a part of student government (for your faculties or college)
- are an orientation leader during O-week
- are a varsity athlete
- are volunteer for a department, program or student club
- are have a GPA of 7.5 or above
- OR have gone above and beyond in your contributions to York University